The plumbing system of every household often experience problems that can be prevented with proper care and maintenance program. The most common plumbing issues include clogged drains, gas leaks, and damaged pipes. Reports show that we can prevent plumbing emergencies early on. Plumbing negligence is reported to be the main reason for obstruction in defective pipes and drains.
Installing a preventive maintenance program to your plumbing system every so often will keep the plumbing fixtures, pipes, and drains in your homes in good shape in a long period as well as enable you to notice early issues of your plumbing system. Having them fixed immediately will allow you to save money.
The following are some common plumbing issues that need immediate attention by emergency plumbers in Brisbane who have the expertise in doing the job:
- Burst and damaged pipes – your primary objective in this situation isto stop the water from flowing out from damaged pipes. While doing some controls of the damaged pipes, you can call emergency plumbers in Brisbane to handle the problem.
- Leaky fixtures – when this happens, close the valve to prevent the water from coming out. Check the trap of the fixture and see if there are debris, soap scum, hair, and food bits. These can obstruct the opening of the pipe and cause water to overflow. Contact emergency plumbers immediately.
- Frozen pipes – frozen water will make the pipes expand and can lead to bursting. You must close the main valve. You can thaw the pipes using bottles of hot water. Thaw the pipes gently and never use a naked flame. To avoid frozen pipes, you can also insulate them during the cold season.
- Gas leaks – you must evacuate the premises when you smell gas. Gas leaks are extremely dangerous. Doing the repair, yourself is never a solution. You must call an emergency plumbing service immediately.
- Blocked toilets and drains – you can use a plunger to get the obstruction. If this tool cannot dislodge the debris clogging the drains, call a plumbing service.
Awareness of the common plumbing issues will help lessen the burden of costly repairs of your plumbing system. It is best to be vigilant to notice any signs of alarm so the issue can be addressed immediately.