Moving cargoes is not an easy task. It requires expertise and experience handling various types of cargoes. Trust and commitment are essential qualities of a trucking company to assure its clients for efficient and safe delivery of their freight.
Many trucking companies such as trucking in Guelph offer FTL or truckload freight shipping. This is a type of cargo for larger deliveries that usually occupy almost the entire capacity of the truck. This approach is used by shippers having enough cargoes to stuff a container and wanting all their cargoes in one trailer.
Advantages of truckload shipping
- Faster transit period – goods shipped in full truckload mostly arrive quicker than cargoes transported through LTL or less-than-truckload.
- Minimum chances of damage – full truckload cargoes have fewer chances of getting damaged because of the fewer number of times they are handled, unlike LTL shipments.
- Charges – shipments that fill the entire space of a trailer offer more savings than transporting multiple shipments by LTL.
Best practices of truckload shipping
- Be updated: It is important for shippers to conduct research and gain knowledge on the supply-demand principle of the FTL equipment plus its impact on the rates.
- Be flexible: Shippers can achieve cost savings by planning and leaving time for the goods to fit the schedule of the carrier.
- Be consistent: Being consistent in the number of cargoes for shipment, on the regular schedule, and on the delivery goods to one location can assure the shipper to get consistent capacity.
- Be efficient: An orderly packaging of goods for easy loading and unloading will enhance productivity and efficiency.
Types of FTL equipment
- Dry van: Used to transport dry goods without sensitivity in temperature.
- Flatbed: This truck has no walls and is used for cargoes that could not be loaded via trailer doors.
- Refrigerated: This equipment will keep your goods at the desired temperature.
It is important for shippers to know this information on full truckload shipping so that they will know how to handle their cargoes. Getting the proper information on the advantages and best practices of truckload shipping as well as the types of FTL equipment will help the shippers act on their cargoes carefully.