If you are in need of braces, the best thing to do is equip yourself with the right information to help you with your decision making. Nowadays, there are already a lot of options when it comes to braces. There are traditional metal braces, there is invisalign Wimbledon or the almost invisible braces, there is also ceramic braces and lingual braces. All these types of braces have their own share of pros and cons. If you are not sure which option is best suited for you, talk to your orthodontist including the costs of the procedure.
One of the more popular types of braces is the invisalign. To know more about the procedure, take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of the procedure.
- More expensive. Compared to traditional metal braces, invisalign can cost anywhere around $3,000 to $8,000. The good news is that the procedure is also covered by most insurance plans so you might want to find out how much it will cost you after insurance is applied.
- 22 hours a day wearing. Another advantage of invisalign Wimbledon is you are required to wear it 22 hours per day. You will only remove it when eating or brushing your teeth, which can be inconvenient, if you would think about it.
- Since you have to remove the braces every time you eat, it becomes cumbersome and even embarrassing for you to have it.
- Because there are no metal brackets or wires, wearing invisalign becomes more comfortable compared to wearing traditional metal braces.
- Less pain. As there are no metal brackets rubbing against the walls of your mouth, you can be sure that there are no sores or cuts in your mouth and gums. These cuts are some of the reasons for the pain and discomfort in wearing braces.
- More appealing. Invisalign is almost invisible. People will hardly notice that you are wearing it unless they take a closer look. Because of this, you become more confident in dealing with others.
- With invisalign Wimbledon, you can remove it when eating, brushing and flossing. This is something that you cannot do with traditional braces.