It is not uncommon for homebuyers/homeowners to request for inspection as a precaution. If you are buying a house, it is important to have it inspected for any potential issues that may later turn out to a big problem. At a glance, you will generally assume that everything is all right but small irregularities can lead to bigger problems if left unsolved.
Small concerns that may end up as bigger problems
- Sagging gutters are signs that the roof overhang fascia board where the gutters are attached has already deteriorated losing the strength to hold the gutter spike. An inspector does not want to see vegetation growing out of the gutters because it means sediment that has not been cleaned. If overlooked, the simple problem with the gutter can lead to an overflow.
- Vegetation and plant overgrowth that rubs against the house can result into premature wear. It also creates a traffic pattern for insects and a shady environment that will encourage damp and wet soils.
- Abnormal cracks on the driveway can cause trip and fall accidents but it is also a sign that the soil underneath is unstable. It is also possible sub base was not prepared properly prior to pouring to concrete. It is very likely for the house inspector to question whether the sub base soils in the basement floor and garage floor were prepared in a similar manner.
- Loose steps, missing handrails and irregular patio blocks are simple matters but they can cause tripping particularly for children and seniors. A loose step can cause someone to fall downstairs.
- If the top of the chimney is in disrepair, there is a high possibility that soft brick was used. Soft bricks absorb moisture which can freeze and heave the bricks. The chimney needs resealing after the top courses of brick have been repaired.
If the gutters are in a state of disrepair, the best option to hire the professionals from Gutter replacement in Perth by Cool Spec to avoid bigger problems. Replacement of the gutter can be handled efficiently and quickly for a reasonable price.